Thursday, June 8, 2017

plus quilt finish

December 2016 has come and gone and I am just now getting my last gift sent out to my sister, now that it's June... Yes, a few months behind. But it was worth the wait I'm sure of it.
Each year, my family rotates between siblings and gets them a gift. My sister lived in Arizona in December and she knew they were moving to Utah soon where quilts come in handy. That's part of my excuse for sending it late. I figured it would be one less thing for them to pack. The other part of my excuse is... I just didn't finish it on time to send with the rest of her gift.


I love a quilt design that doesn't take a lot of thought. It was just squares and rectangles and when put together they become pluses. The gray and blue/ green colors are a perfect match for my sisters house and I love the way they turned out!

In order to make the quilt easy to complete at home myself, I wanted it just large enough to be able to self bast on the dining room table. I added the leafs in the table which made it just wide enough to spray baste.
This 505 SprayI use is the most amazing thing! I spray basted the quilt back in December. Then it sat rolled up until June. I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled it out to quilt and it was all still nicely sandwiched together.



Straight line quilting was really quick. And the minky fabric on the backside is just so soft!
The binding is a blue chevron print and after washing and drying, it is ready for Utah winters and couch snuggling!
Final size 60" x 75" Each square has a final size of 5".




No comments:

Post a Comment