Tuesday, May 23, 2017

sewing with knits, elasic waist summer skirt

An addition to Me Made May 2017 is this knit skirt. I'm starting to branch out from my lounge pants and wearing more clothes that are presentable this month because my foot is allowing me to leave the house more (even though my shoe still makes my foot puff up like a Dr. exam glove).

This skirt has an elastic waist and it's cut with a slight flare towards the bottom so it's not a pencil skirt. The waist uses 2" wide elastic in a separate casing and it's pretty comfy.
I had originally bought this fabric from Hawthorn Threads to use as a short summer skirt and I'm really enjoying it today as the temps are rising!



It's kind of a purplish / navy blue fabric with a turquoise and a light teal design on it. I hadn't thought about what tops I would wear with this when I bought the fabric. I've since realized, I don't have many tops that actually look good with it. This white shirt is a safe match so it'll get a lot of wear.
The sides were not quite matched up seeing how it wasn't a straight cut, but flared out a bit. I at least got the lines of the design even and matched up from from to back.



 
Shirt- Target
Skirt- Me Made, knit from Hawthorn Threads
Earrings- Nickel and Suede
Bracelet- SoSoBella 
Watch- Fossil (from my husband 16 years ago, my then fiance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment