Thursday, June 23, 2016

style report: t-shirt refashion

This week I was able to alter a black knit shirt that I love. It's a shirt I've had for a couple years and really never wore it it much because of the awkward sleeve length. My husband calls it my Stevie Nicks shirt because of the flowing sleeves.

The sleeve hits me right where the elbow bends and it was just uncomfortable. To fix that, all I had to do was unpick the cuff, cut the sleeve length shorter, and sew the cuff back on.
The sleeve is wider than the cuff so it has a gathered flowy look. I had to do a basting stitch on the edge of the sleeve, with my sewing machine. That way the sleeve and cuff were the same width to attach together again. Here is the shirt before and after. There is also a post showing more of the before HERE. It's hard to see the black details of the shirt in the photos, but there is a separate mid section with an elastic band making it fitted from the center down.




 
Shirt- Target
Twill A-line skirt- Old Navy
Necklace- Kendra Scott from Rocks Box
Green Linen Clutch- edeenut

*If you want to try out your own free month of jewelry head on over to Rocksbox and use
Code: edithbff11 


No comments:

Post a Comment