Saturday, May 7, 2016

I made my own edeenut fabric washi tape


 
I used to love doing the Penelope Lane Boutique for years. Life has been busy the last couple years so I was only able to participate in one boutique a year with them, if lucky. I’m not sure how 2016 will fare. I may try to squeeze in the Holiday show this winter.
During one of my very first shows back about 3 years or so, I discovered Love Note Crafts. Emily had an adorable booth space and I instantly fell in love with her fabric tape. I had never seen anything like it before. I got a roll and happily used it that Christmas season to wrap up some gifts and Advent Calendar orders. The tape was red and white striped and added a loving touch to each package.

Emily had posted a tutorial on her blog, back in 2013, about making your own fabric tape.
I love the stuff and so I decided to make my own. I choose some fun colors to go along with my edeenut shop colors, orange, and light aqua. I use it for packaging up the goods before I send them off.
These are the supplies I used for making my fabric tape:
Duck Brand carpet tape, double sided carpet tape.
Martha Stewart Bone Folder
Rotary Cutter, Mat, and Ruler.





If you love fabric tape and washi tape are don't desire making your own,  I would suggest checking out Lemony Stitch on etsy, she has the most amazing colors and bright patterns of fabric washi tape available. Her stuff sells out lightning fast so you should follow her on Instagram to know when she will be listing more.



No comments:

Post a Comment