Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Best (fresh) Homemade Lemonade

We have been having some great summer weather and love to take advantage of it as much as possible,
even if we are just drinking beverages on the back patio.
Homemade lemonade is the best and we love to use fresh lemons for ours.


After squeezing the lemons with our citrus juicer, we use the Best Lemonade Ever recipe from allrecipes.com. 
This is one my husband found and he likes his lemonade pretty sweet.
I prefer mine to be more on the tart side.
Sweet lemonade is not as refreshing and thirst quenching as tart lemonade is to me.



When I make this recipe, I add an extra 1/4 Cup of lemon juice and cut back 1/4-1/2 Cup of sugar.
I also do a taste test and adjust more if needed.

When my husband makes it he uses the recipe as written from Allrecipes:

Best Lemonade Ever

1 3/4 cups white sugar
8 cups water
1 1/2 cups lemon juice

Directions:  
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled. 

Remove seeds from lemon juice, but leave pulp. In pitcher, stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice and remaining 7 cups water.

Original recipe makes 20 (4 ounce) servings


You may also enjoy my Watermelon and Strawberry lemonade and
my Summer Lemonade Slush.
Recipe also posted to SistersandSidekicks blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment