Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Herringbone baby quilt with half square triangles

My husband asked me to make a baby quilt this month for a co-worker of his. I was happy to do it and was really excited to make time to quilt again. I had recently put my online shop on vacation mode because of our family move coming up. I didn't have any shop orders to sew and I was excited to try out this herringbone quilt top I have seen recently.


For a boy, I chose to mix a dark gray with a lighter gray. Then I searched for a backing fabric that was just a perfect gray match with a pop of blue. These mini owls are the cutest, they are from Ann Kelle for Robert Kaufman Fabrics.
 
As I was arranging the half square triangles on my bed for the quilt top placement, My husband asked if I really like doing this and said it looked tedious. I love doing this and when you get a result with perfectly matched up points, there is even more reason to love it!


I bound the quilt in a gray polka dot and now it's ready for gifting. I think I could sew up a few of these in lots of color options and be just happy! It feel so good to be quilting again!





4 comments:

  1. I really love the effect of that, and the backing owls are just fabulous with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynette! I love the owls too :)

      Delete