Saturday, July 12, 2014

Watermelon and Strawberry Lemonade


We have an organic produce farm down the country road from us and I love getting produce fresh.
Right now they have strawberries and watermelon.
I have fresh lemon juice in abundance from this post, and so this recipe was just waiting to happen. I'm using my Vitamix blender for everything this summer to keep us cool.
The original recipe is from Amy of Frosted bake shop.
Watermelon and Strawberry Lemonade Recipe

For my taste, I added and extra 1/4 Cup lemon juice so it wasn't so sweet.
Although it was still too sweet for me so next time I will cut back on the sugar or leave it all out.
I used frozen lemon juice cubes from fresh lemons and half of the water was frozen ice cubes so there was a slight slush which is so refreshing.  
Next time I will cut back slightly on the watermelon too.
I would love to try this at a party setting with Sprite instead of water like suggested in the original recipe.









No comments:

Post a Comment