Wednesday, July 3, 2013

a peek behind the scenes & a DIY USA puzzle

I don't post a whole lot here on my blog about me and my personal life, but when Kayla asked me to share a few things about me and the background of edeenut I was more than happy to share. Doesn't happen a lot so you can see the full Q & A on Love Sparkly Pretty.

I found this printable map of the USA and wanted to make it for my boys to work on during the summer. Over the last year we had taken them to a few new states and they still talk about them so I thought this would be a fun way for them to see how far we flew and drove.
You can find your own printable version here.

I printed my map out on sticky label paper that was 8.5" X 11". Stuck it onto a large piece of cardboard and cut out each state with a razor blade. My hand was sure sore after that, but it was worth it. I love the look of the fun colors and the stitch lines that edge each state!





No comments:

Post a Comment