Sunday, August 26, 2012

Catching up with summer

I want summer back. I went more than a month with out being crafty or sewing. It was a nice break. But now that school has started and I've gotten back into the swing of things, I'm glad that I had a great summer vacation and the memories to last me until my next vacation. We were gone across the country enjoying time with family and seeing the big sites of Washington D.C. and Upstate New York.

 We were at Niagara Falls on my oldest sons Birthday.We went on the Maid of the Mist boat ride and got wet. But it was so refreshing on a 100 degree day.  Our group was lucky because we were the first to get let on so we were able to be right up in the very front of the boat. I loved the view from below the falls. I highly recommend going on this boat ride if you are ever here.
I'm amazed at such a natural beauty. The falls are huge and there is so much water!


 DC wasn't any cooler temperature wise, but it was still enjoyable and I'm glad I was able to make it there again. I went once when I was in High School and loved all the history.

The Washington Monument in the background. There was construction everywhere... and the reflecting pool was all drained except for a small bit of water down the middle, so you still get to see the reflection here.


The Thomas Jefferson Monument. This may be my favorite monument. We resorted to night time trips to see a lot of things but it was still 100 degrees even at 11PM when were were here.


The Martin Luther King Jr. Monument had just opened late 2011 and so it was nice to see for the first time.



Soon after we got back from Washington and New York we headed out to the Colorado River to camp and boat. It was 115 degrees and the water was so nice to be in. The kids played, adults relaxed and we loved every minute of it.



I have a few upcoming events I'll fill you in on in a bit and what I've been working on as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment