Wednesday, January 25, 2012

late night sewing & this and that

When Mr. E is away I can't sleep. I stay up way too late. I get scared and I hear all sorts of noises. I drag myself out of bed in the morning to drop off kid at school and feel tired the rest of the day.
With two long nights of my husband being away I try to be productive and sew to keep me busy. I also got to read blogs, something I never really do much anymore. When I do get a chance to read my favorite blogs I never have time to comment. So I got to read and comment late into the night :)

I also spend lots of time watching movies and some TV shows on line I've missed as I multi-task. This movie: The Man From Snowy River, has been watched a few times the past couple days since I ordered it in the mail. We love it. Little E especially loves it, I have to find him a toy stick horse now as he is running all over galloping as a horse and singing the music.

Mr E gets home tonight. Yeah to sleeping good tonight!!

I got a few more quilt blocks done for my wonky log cabin car quilt. Only 4. Not a lot but it's progress.

car quilt block

truck quilt block

wonky log cabin car quilt



After taking Big E to piano lessons today, I made a quick trip to Joanns. I saw that Denyse Schmidt has a new line Aunt Edna out this month. I love the oranges and grays, and the plaids. I also picked up a few from the other lines that my normal store doesn't have. I couldn't find the gray dots (like the orange dots on the top). All for 50% off because I had an extra 20% off coupon. I already have a few ideas I want to make with them.

DS fabric from joanns.


I also pulled out some burlap and made a hanging sign/banner for St. Patricks Day.
It matches the green garland I have now in my shop.


1 comment: