Thursday, January 12, 2012

heated rice bag

Some chilly nights I just can't get my toes warm. They are ice cold and so I need a little help to get them warmed up when I go to bed. I use a rice bag that I made years ago that has four separate sections. The sections keep the rice evenly distributed and the heat throughout.
I recently made one to send to my Dad's wife. She is like me and is cold constantly. I meant to send it for Christmas because I finished sewing it in December, but it's still winter in Utah for a while...


I made this one with three sections and I made a removable cover to go with it for washing. I wish I had a cover for mine but never made one and it's been used too many times so I just forgot about it.


This measures about 10" X 12". I would heat it up in the microwave for about 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment