Friday, December 16, 2011

an earring display frame

Back in October, my sisters and I all got together, for a few days of relaxing without our kids and husbands, in Palm Springs. We had fun just being together, there are 8 of us. Usually we plan to do a craft of some sort but this year was pretty much relaxing by the pool and nothing crafty materialized.

We did talk about making some display frames for our earrings and so I found a bunch of old frames at a thrift store before hand. Most everyone took a frame home with them to complete on their own.
I just now completed mine, two months later. Actually, I'm pretty impressed I even completed it at all and it's not still sitting in the cold garage.
The frame can hang on the wall with the green ribbon or it can sit on the dresser leaning up against the wall.


While there visiting, one sister and I would make earrings. It's easy to do while talking and I never get out my earring supplies so I was happy to have someone to work with. It's been about 2 years since I've gotten my stuff out of the box. I took advantage of my sister's motivation to get a few pairs made for me. I'm such a perfectionist that it takes me forever to get a pair done, but she speeds through a pair so fast and they look good.

Here are a few of the earrings I made for myself.




While I have my supplies out and accessible I thought I would make a few pairs for my etsy shop and use up some beads that I have had for a while.

The earrings are on a really good sale right now. All are hand made by me and all metal and wire I use is sterling silver. I even made the ear wires, they are from 20 gauge sterling silver wire so they are nice and sturdy.

They are all pretty simple and a minimalist style. Most of them are also perfect for the girls who just recently have pierced ears and are still used to smaller dangles or studs. These are just a few that I like best.





1 comment:

  1. I love the frame! I need one. All of those ear rings are great.

    ReplyDelete