Thursday, December 29, 2011

bow tie quilt block swap

A few months ago I participated in a bow tie quilt block swap. I had never made the block before and thought it was a good time to try it.
I forgot to take pictures of the blocks I made before I sent them out but they were good, believe me :) This is a pretty easy block and one that with just a little switching around the blocks makes a whole new look to the quilt.
Here are a few designs that I really like from the web, click on images for link backs.



Tie Fighter quilt


I had almost forgotten about doing the swap until this last week. I was cleaning through some fabric piles and came across these blocks that I received.
I think that I would like to do a quilt with my own scraps. I like seeing my scraps in a quilt and remember where the fabric was originally used. Such a fun personal memory. That's why I didn't do another round of the swap.



No comments:

Post a Comment