Wednesday, March 23, 2011

wip wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

It's been a while since I participated in WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. I always have things in progress, I just don't always have the desire to come blog about it. Blogging sometimes takes a long time... taking the pictures, editing them and uploading them. I also like to re-size my images larger than allowed by blogger so I have to do that manually in the codes. Then the writing... I think the photos take the longest but worth it. I am a fan of pictures when I read blogs and I admit sometimes skip reading the text unless the pictures catch my eye.

So here we go my WIP Wednesday:


I pulled this Autopia panel out of my cabinet the other day and decided to cut into it. I've had plans to make a quilt with it. I'm planning on using the little images for centers of log cabins blocks and then using the scenery panel for the backing. It'll be a baby quilt.



I thought the little cars were pretty cute so I used one in the making of a Show-Off toy zipper pouch. I added some thick red rick rack and love how it looks poking out. It's not done yet but here's the progress. I may just have to add the rick rack to the quilt I make as well.


Next: I have a lot of charm squares left over from my Simple Abundance line. I used all the blues and reds and creams in this quilt. All the pinks, oranges and browns and yellows that are left, are going to be something else. I think just simple half square triangles for a quick quilt.


4 comments:

  1. very nice, I love the cars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Wonderful fabrics - love those cars! You make always so beautiful quilts! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about some tips on making triangle blocks. What are the white fabric squares behind the others??? Does that have something to do with the triangles? I'd love to see more pictures as this one progresses :) LOVE THE CARS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, cute car fabric! Looking forward to seeing those Simple Abundance HSTs. Thanks for linking up, have a great week. : )

    ReplyDelete