Wednesday, February 16, 2011

wonky star pillow

I really like the way this quilt block came out and how it is so quick and easy. It has now become a pillow.

wonky star pillow_front


For this pillow I quilted the front and the back so it's reversible and added an invisible zipper of course. One thing that makes me sad is not adding piping. I have a simple tutorial here how to make your own piping but I didn't get around to making some for this pillow.

wonkey star throw pillow


This pillow ended up being about 13" X 13" and fits a 14" pillow form to make it nice and puffy. You can actually lay your head on it. It's a throw pillow to add to the others on our bed. I like to use an extra pillow when we watch movies in bed and so I can see the screen better.

wonkey mini star on pillow back

pillow back


Thought I would add it to the February pillow pool over at Stitched In Color.


I also entered the pillow in the county fair and it won second place.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! We need new pillows for our couch pretty badly. Maybe I can commission you to make some since you are so darn good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the way the back compliments the front. I wouldn't know which way I liked it more...

    ReplyDelete