Tuesday, February 22, 2011

crepe paper rose wreath

With the rest of my roses from this post I decided to make a wreath to hang up for Next Valentine's Day. It was fairly easy because I already had all the roses rolled and ready. Gluing them on was a bit time consuming but they went on simple.

This doesn't have to be just for V-day, you could make roses in any color to hang up any time of year. Remember the crepe paper rolls are usually a $1 a roll. Or if you look at the Dollar Store you can get a two pack for $1. I would plan for at least three rolls to cover this 14" Styrofoam wreath.


This is what my roses looked like on the back. There is a flat place where my fingers held the rose as I twisted it up. After every 2 or so twists, I would dab a dot of Elmer's White school glue to hold it from unwrapping. Remember, this is where I found the rose twisting instructions. Adding the dot of glue really helps hold the rose together because when I hot glue it on the Styrofoam, I want it to lay flat against the surface so I trim it with scissors. This is where the Elmer's glue comes in handy.


I added the hot glue to the edge on the back and held it in place on the wreath for a few moments. Then continued to add roses right up next to each other so were no white holes peaking through. I think a light coat of red spray paint would have helped the white from peaking through.



I continued gluing roses down the outer sides and inner side until the whole white area was covered.



Keeping the back empty because it will not be seen and then it will lay flat up against the door or wall where it will hang.


I even added three white roses to form a small heart on the wreath. Is it obvious what they are doing there? Or not so, as my oldest E asked me what they were for.


Hang it with a strip of fabric or some thick ribbon.




3 comments:

  1. I love both of your rose creations! I hope I can remember them for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a darling wreath idea! Easy and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this wreath! It's fabulous! Thanks for sharing the idea and tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete