Thursday, January 13, 2011

w.i.p. on vacation


I may or may not have taken a WIP on my 10th anniversary cruise.
I folded it up small to fit it in my suitcase.

It was just a twin size quilt to hand bind, and you know that can be done while sitting around and watching a movie or talking. I promise that it didn't leave my room though, not once. It sat right there nicely on that chair.


When I get to this point in a quilt I have a strong desire to finish it Fast. Binding is my favorite part. Maybe because I can multi-task while hand sewing and it's a no-thought process.


I don't want to show too much of the quilt, because it's not finished yet. I guess I don't want to ruin it, I feel a quilt is totally complete after it's been pre-washed.


But don't worry, I didn't stay in my room sewing all the time, in fact I didn't even finish the quilt. I was out seeing the sites of Mexico, and riding around the sandy beach on a 4-wheeler.



4 comments:

  1. Lucky you! It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice view while you're doing your hand-sewing! Alot better than my yard full of snow. : )

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday! See you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - I may have to keep some binding projects when I go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very lucky your there. I like the pictures of sky very adorable.

    ReplyDelete