Saturday, December 18, 2010

announcing winners and a new tote bag

We have some winners. Using random.org the first number chosen was #100-Mands who will get the pillow cover, and the second number was #29-Sarcastsic Quilter, who will get the Quilt-It kit. Congratulations, winners have been emailed.


In other news, Rachel at One Pretty thing is featuring my Happiness canvas art. I really love browsing that blog and getting great ideas.
I also finished a new tote bag. Keeping with the tradition, it was for a school teacher gift. The fabric is some I've had in my stash for a couple years now from Joanns. It's home deco weight.
I made one little mistake and took too much in off the box corners and so it is only about 8" wide when I meant for it to be 11-12" wide. I hate when I do stuff like that that can't be fixed. The bag won't be able to fit any large papers or books inside it, which kind of defeats the purpose for a teacher bag doesn't it? It's about 12" tall though. Good size for a purse? or lunch maybe?

large tote bag

There is one inner pocket with a velcro closure. The tan on the straps is a thicker linen. It shows some of the natural fibers up close and I love it.

tote bag inner velcro pocket

After making bags for years I've stuck with what works good to help them stand and keep their form when they are empty. It's helpful to have some nice quality batting, and stabilizer for the inside.
I quilted this bag hidden in the ditch, where the fabric seems meet.

tote bag with dots and linen accents

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I will email you soon with my address. I had so much fun blog hopping this time. It's just extra sweet I won a prize I will be able to put to hood use almost immediately. :)

    ReplyDelete