Tuesday, November 2, 2010

fall quilt festival


I decided to enter my most recently finished quilt in Amy's fall Quilt Festival.
It's one I recently posted about here. My Monkey Stacks quilt.
The organic line quilting was my favorite thing to do. It was very simple and I love the look of it when it is washed, it just adds a neat texture with all the uneven lines.



I had a few fat quarters of the sock monkey fabric and wanted to make a baby quilt that showed the larger prints off so I went with these larger cut rectangles.




update:
This quilt won a blue ribbon at the county fair.

9 comments:

  1. That is a great quilt. I love the fabric and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sock monkeys!!!! What a great pattern, simple but effective. Perfect for showing off those monkeys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sono animali molto simpatici le scimmie, mi piace il tuo quilt: semplice, lineare con un buon accostamento di colori.

    DomenicaCiao

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great fabric for a baby quilt! I really love the rectangles on the back! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an unusual quilt. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute quilt! I love the monkey prints and the bananas! It looks very cozy too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt works so well and really does show off the fabrics. I love it set against the white. The quilting really suits it.
    Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is lovely...i really love the stacks

    ReplyDelete