Monday, October 18, 2010

monkey stacks quilt completed

The binding is finally sewn on and the baby sized monkey quilt is finished.
It was dreary outdoors today and I had to dry the water droplets from the clothes line before I pinned up the quilt.
I did end up chopping off a bit off the bottom, including a big red block that was on the bottom right. See before here.


The back is a little hard on the eyes with all those red white and blue stripes so close together. But when you get a little closer they are easily separated.


See, nice clean stripes...
baby monkey back close up

The binding was tricky to choose, and I'm still not sure I choose the best, but I thought blue would do and this dotted blue was just asking to be used, so I used it.

blue swirly binding


Previous monkey quilt posts: pieced top, quilting in lines

No comments:

Post a Comment