Tuesday, October 19, 2010

give me something good to eat

I have wanted to make a play kitchen for the longest time for my little boy. I know he's a boy but he loves to cook with me and I see nothing wrong with a boy and a play kitchen. He already has some play food and really enjoys serving me something good to eat on his plates. It would also give me an excuse to make some of the cute felt food I've seen.


Orange slices and eggs from One Crafy Mumma

Plus so many more food ideas just at your fingertips with Google, here are some from Ohdeedoh.


For at least a year now I've been saving some kitchen inspiration ideas hoping I could get Mr. E to help with the wood cutting and nailing because that is not my thing. But I don't know who I was kidding, he has no time what-so-ever.

These are some really cute wooden kitchens I have been saving.

Noah's Kitchen

P1020988

Homemade by Jill

It finally hit me that I can do it myself. All by myself. I don't even need to make it out of wood. After all, we don't have a whole lot of room to keep it and we won't be needing it after a few years when it gets grown out of. So I don't need to spend more time or money than needed with it.

Here are the next options I came across without using wood. They are both practical and cost efficient for me and my son who will most likely get a year or slightly more out of it.

This one is out of cardboard. How mazing, and super easy. I like the idea that it can be disassembled and stored when needed. But where would I get big cardboard pieces that are needed? I get most of my cardboard from Sams club but it's not always reliable.


This next play kitchen is perfect too for being able to be taken down and stored when needed. It's small and easy to make all by my self because it's sewing, which is my thing. I would only need a folding TV dinner tray. I thought I would find a tray at a yard sale some day, but that some day will never come because I have no desire to search for one or buy a new one.

travel play kitchen from frugal family fun blog


So after all this, I finally made up my mind once and for all. I started the play kitchen all by myself and didn't have to wait for anyone to help me. It's coming along quite nicely and I'll post photos when I'm all done in a day or so.



1 comment:

  1. love the little round up-thanks for including my tutorials! can't wait to see your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete