Wednesday, August 25, 2010

hexagons

hexagons

I had a little left over fabric from this project so I thought I would make a coordinating pillow. This pink background is my own sleeping pillow on my lap, It's perfect to use as a lap table (because I was in the car).

Being in the car 3 hours each way on vacation doesn't leave you much to do. Hand sewing filled my time and this was a great traveling project. My husband likes being able to talk to someone while driving and this kept me awake. Usually I am instantly asleep, the car just does something to me. If I try to read it puts me to sleep even faster. (Notice the pink pillow above, I prepare to sleep comfortably.)

Hexagons are all the rage now it seems. If you haven't tried hexagons and are interested in trying them without having to buy the paper patterns, you could print your own pieces HERE at cias palette. I printed out three sheets and ended up cutting out two to use. It wasn't very time consuming, just straight lines but you need to be precise.
I used these instructions from Thimble blossoms on how to sew the hexagons.

I don't have patience to sit down and hand sew hexagons when I can be doing something else so I will reserve these along with other hand sewn projects for long car rides.

hexagons

1 comment: