Friday, July 2, 2010

cushions for patio chairs

patio chair cushion & pillows

For the last year I have been on the look out for a patio table with chairs on Craigslist. There are always some to choose from but not really worth the price or not the quality I wanted.
A few months ago I finally found a great deal, a large rectangle table, with 6 chairs. Two chairs are rocking/swivel chairs. The only bad thing, the pads shown in the pictures the seller was not selling with the set.
The price was still very good for that quality set and I would just get cushions later, because it was still winter when I got them.

After pricing only the seat cushion covers at Lowes for $50 each, I decided making them myself would be less expensive and I wouldn't have to use the less desirable fabric choice Lowes had to offer. Then I would just get the cushion foam at the place
I mentioned earlier thefoamfactory.com. My fabric came from Fabric.com for the best deal. You can see when all the supplies came in the mail here.

It is a slow work in progress as I don't really have a lot of sewing time now during summer break but I do have 2 chairs that can now be sat on and enjoyed.

Here are the bare chairs before:
patio chair before

patio chairs before


And after:
patio chari after, with seat cushion

patio chair back pillow


The seat cushion has small loops and the back pillow has ties that connect them together to prevent shifting.
ties to attach the cushion to pillow


The seat cushion has a zipper closure in the back but for the back pillow I choose to use a strip of velcro the length of the bottom to close it in the 2" gusset.
Both, cushion and back pillow, have self made piping to match, instructions show here on how to make it.
back pillow velcro closure





Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg





Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up    party!



8 comments:

  1. You did such a fabulous job. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning transformation. The fabric is retro and fun. Great job. I use your piping tutorial often. It helped me make my cushions for my camper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! fantastic job! they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours look WAY better than the professional ones. All your time is really worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing you did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pattern on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these. Love, love, love them! You have such good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look great.
    cute furniture too - i want to come see you new backyard!!!

    ReplyDelete