Tuesday, April 20, 2010

spring top: three

I never sew for myself so this challenge was a good motivation to make some new shirts for just me. One reason I don't sew for myself is because I don't like when adult clothes look homemade.

I took a week off from sewing tops to get some other things done around the house and now just finished my third entry for Spring top week. It is a green v-neck shirt with subtle dots all over the fabric, perfect for Spring.

My green dot top:
V-neck with airy sleeves and above waste and neck shirring. Raglan cut sleeves and lettuce edge hemming on all edges. This is self drafted and constructed without a pattern, just an image to go from. Fabric form either Hancocks or Joann's, I went to both places recently and forgot where I picked this up.
To me, this shirt has the handmade look, I don't think I will ever wear it again. It is a bit weird fitting as well and I have to keep adjusting the front to fit right, good thing the fabric was not very much. We all have non-sucess stories and this is mine.

green dot top_edith

green back

2 comments: