Saturday, March 20, 2010

summer sleep shorts

Nights are not so cold anymore and summer is fast approaching. I wanted to get a jump on some sewing projects and this one needed to be done sooner than later.
Five new pairs of sleep/lounge shorts just in time for Spring and for sure Summer. All done in just about an hour assembly line. I didn't even bother changing the thread color, light blue for them all.
I dug through my fabric and found some prints that would be suitable for a boy. Hockey, blue/black plaid, Surfing, stripes, and Fishing. All in size 2T.


The pattern for the shorts came from this orange pair of shorts from The Children's Place. I just turned the orange shorts inside out and used the front and back as patterns to cut from.

Sewing a bit of black ribbon folded to the back waist bands makes it easy and quick to get them on without having to guess front from back. The raw edges of the ribbon are up in the seem with the fold out.


1 comment:

  1. Shorts are a great idea for summer sleeping. My little 6-9 month old last summer would wear just a onesie. I think he's old enough for more than that though? I'll have to make some as well.

    ReplyDelete