Tuesday, March 30, 2010

spring top: one

My first top is inspired from one I saw on Jcrew a few weeks ago. I went back to get a link to it and it is gone... Oh well, it was black and white stripe knit, a bit thicker stripes than my shirt below. It had a boat neck and 3/4 length sleeves. The sides of the sleeves had rushing on them on the outer side. I wanted shorter sleeves and needed to make sure my boat neck wasn't too wide.

I have had my black and white fabric a long time and was just waiting for the opportunity to be daring enough to make a shirt out of it, and not a shirt that would look silly in black and white stripes.

Here are a couple black and white shirts I've come across this week.
Have you come across any other cute ones?
jcrew.

anthropologie.


Now here is the one I made. Made out of stretch knit cotton. First one for Made By Rae's Spring top week. It's kind of hard to get good photos of black and white stripes, but you can click the images to see it better and larger.
I made it without a pattern, but I used some scrap knit to get the sleeves just right around the shoulder, you know that curve part, then when they were the way I wanted them I made the real thing.




11 comments:

  1. I love it! Pretty model too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I saw the challenge too but am unsure if I will have time to do it (and patience to figure out a pattern). I love the black and white - and the Anthropology shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorably AWESOME! At first I couldn't tell if yours was another example from a magazine! GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This top is so awesome, it looks like store-bought. i really love the sleeves :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute top! Love the stripes and the wonderful sleeve detail. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this so much! The sleeve detail is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw your top over at Spring Top Week. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this shirt! The sleeves are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great shirt. You are so good at this. You really should do more tops for yourself. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete