Day three in the week of soups continues.
Tuscan Bean Soup
- 1 cup packaged peeled baby carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 15-oz. cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 32-oz. box reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 to 3 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 5-oz. pkg. baby spinach
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Cracker bread (optional)
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven cook and stir carrots and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add beans, broth, and seasoning. Bring to boiling; slightly mash beans. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, in large skillet heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; toss with tongs 1 to 2 minutes, just until wilted. Remove from heat. Ladle soup; top with spinach, sprinkle with pepper. Serve with cracker bread. Makes 4 servings.