Tuesday, January 12, 2010

new chaise slipcover & lined drapes

I was contacted by a blog reader who wanted me to make a slipcover for her newly acquired chaise after seeing my couch slipcover.
It was a simple clean line chaise that is just perfect for recovering, which allows many more years of use. It was just in another state and I couldn't use it to measure on.
The only thing that made this do-able was the old slipcover that was already on the chaise was removable for me to use as a pattern. After the old cover was shipped to me, I was able to take each piece of the cover apart and remake it in the new fabric.

Here is a picture of the chaise before in it's pink/red cover.
chaise-slipcover_before

It looks lovely doesn't it? Makes me want to curl up with a book and a blanket.
At first I wondered why it needed to be recovered looking at the photo. Then I got the pink/red cover in the mail and saw the worn out spots and realized why. Here is a close up of the fabric that was on the chaise originally and the denim used for the new cover.
chaise scraps and red worn fabric

Here is the final product in a Khaki color denim. I was so excited to see photos of it on the chaise and that it fit nicely. I mentioned the great deal on the fabric HERE.
chaise after


Also requested, were some lined drapes to fit her huge window and a couple pillows to coordinate. The fabric she chose was beautiful, Waverly, Stripe Ensemble-Robins Egg.












curtains

cusotm curtains










4 comments:

  1. That new fabric will work with any color scheme.

    Lookd great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing. What a great color for the curtains. It makes the Kahki color of the slip cover match the rest of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful fabric choices! mad skills!!!!

    ReplyDelete