Wednesday, January 27, 2010

circle quilt blocks

Valentines day is right around the corner and I thought I would get a holiday quilt done. Well maybe not this Valentines Day, maybe the one in 2011. It is a slow work in progress, cut a bit here for a few minutes in the day and cut a bit there for a few minutes at night. And by a few, I really mean a few, as in 3-5 minutes. I am surprised what I can accomplish in 5 minutes though.



With all the rounded pie pieces cut and the squares cut to size, I'm ready to arrange and assemble them now.

I was inspired by this quilt. Here is another round quilt done with half circles not quarters, like mine will be.
I am following this tutorial for the quilt blocks from a commonplace life on flickr.

My blocks below are 11". I started out with a 12" square though and cut the round part out then mixed and matched the fabrics and sewed the round part back up. Then there was a lot of trimming to do to get it down to 11" . I didn't have a pattern and wanted to make sure I wasn't too far off on the circles so I don't mind the bit of scraps I had to throw away.



my finished quilt top can be seen here HERE.


1 comment:

  1. Your are amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete