Wednesday, September 23, 2009

double hourglass easy block

This was an easy block to make. I'm glad I came across the tutorial for it on cluck cluck sew!
double hourglass quilt blocks before

double hourglass blocks after


The top was put together in a couple hours one night last week.
After doing 20 blocks I had had enough though, hence the larger boarders.
It is a baby size about 57" X 45".
double hour glass baby quilt top


On the back, I did one small applique. I don't do it as much applique as I used to and thought one small pear would do.
hourglass quilt applique on back


I won't get to quilt this for a while, but I'm glad to have the back and top at least ready to sandwich. The seams on this are going to be interesting to quilt over...I didn't press them open (like the tutorial did) and there are A- LOT of thick ones.


Progress_
Basted: Here.
Finished: Here.

3 comments:

  1. It's fantastic!!! I definitely have to try that one. I love your fabrics.
    Stacey
    Driving Miss Stacey
    Sew Far Sew Good Quilt Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was easy and fast for you too! I tell people its fast but I'm always nervous it will really take them HOURS and they'll hate me. :) Thanks for showing me!!! -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute :) I miss sewing so much. Darn photography - ha ha.

    ReplyDelete