Sunday, August 30, 2009

how to iron cotton duck cloth? help...

Anyone know?

I used my HOT iron, I used steam, I spritzed water from the front of my iron. I thought I had a nice Rowenta iron, but what is wrong? The major wrinkles come out but there are still the slight ones that you can tell it's still wrinkled. Has anyone had success with it before? Please share!

Or is it supposed to have the wrinkled look to it, maybe? I do like either way.


I know the label says to professionally dry clean. But really, I'm not going to do that because I am just using it for random things (like these burlap bucket lining).
But I love the stuff. I don't think I can get enough of duck cloth right now. It's so thick and durable, and after I pre-wash and dry it (in my own machine) it is soft, but VERY wrinkly.
I have a few other things I want to make with it and can't wait to get them started.


Here is a bench cushion made with it, doesn't it look so nice? But I don't see any wrinkles, or maybe I just can't blow the picture up enough to see detail.

1 comment:

  1. Would starch spray work? It might leave it too crisp? I don't know. . .

    ReplyDelete