I just finished a new couch slip cover for our couch. It took about two weeks because some days I wasn't able to work on it. This is the second slipcover I have sewn for a couch of ours. I never thought I would make another one after the first. But I figured spending $100 or so on fabric was more in our budget than spending over $1000 for the couch I really want. So until I buy that nice leather couch I really want this slipcover will have to do.
In the mean time I will be happy with my Pottery Barn inspired couch.
My dad would even made fun of the couch when he came to visit, even offering to buy us another one. The couch was a free hand-me-down to us in the first place.
I didn't take a decent before picture, but I did find this one taken about 6 months ago, before all the major tears in the cushions. (notice some tears in the bottom corners of the cushions)
And here's the after. I really do love it now!
It was a pain to sew, mostly because it is so much fabric. So much heavy fabric. But very doable. And I'm pretty sure I will make another cover for another couch someday...
This one is made from a natural color soft denim. I love sitting on it,the cushions are remade and now soft fabric and no noisy plastic sound (or coldness in the winter) under my bottom.
Added to the "Make your Monday" on twice remembered.
and to Metamorphosis MondayHere's my most recent DIY project to go along with a Soft Place to Land.
Edited to add: Because I have gotten so many inquiries about the process of making a couch slip cover, I added a post with a few secrets and helpful information, check it out HERE.
edited to add 3/2011:
I shared here on CSI blog slipcover challenge and it was chosen as #1!