Saturday, April 18, 2009

online quilt festival

A great way to see quilts from all over the web, in one place. I am still a beginner at this quilting business but I sure do love it. Amy @ Park City Girl is hosting the online quilt festival, so drop on over and check out all the talent in one place.

For my favorite quilt, I am sharing one I recently finished that I have a shared on my blog not too long ago. It's a baby crib size and I got the inspiration from the pictures below and this quilt design. I saved the pictures but now I can't find the link where I originally got them, maybe Land of Nod? but they are Denyse Schmidtt bedding design, and the circle instructions came from here here.



The story behind my quilt is quite simple actually. I wanted a coordinating quilt for the crib and I wanted to try the free motion quilting that was new to me. So this is the first quilt I ever stippled and I love it.

baby crib cirlcle quilt


The back is pieced.

back of circle quilt


baby circle quilt

23 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, and you did a good job quilting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love this!! the circles are so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cute and you did a fantastic job with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute circles. Love the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice job. It's really striking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice design. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful quilt. You did a great job. I love the colors and circles are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilting! These are beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilted circles! And the color scheme it great. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love circles, polka dots, whatever you want to call them. What a great gift for your child.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I LOVE this quilt. It insires me. It just doesn't give me the time I want to quilt. . . maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHOA! Great quilt and your quilting looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so nice and colorful. I love the circles - aren't they fun? It looks kind of like the circles on my quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy Moly, woman! This is SO awesome. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice! and the quilting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I love the quilting and the fabrics you used - great work!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow, I love the circles!!! And great quilting! I *so* need to do a circle quilt!

    thanks for sharing, and thanks for visiting me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the circles! and the nice crisp feeling of white with bright colors
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the crcles so effective

    ReplyDelete