Friday, April 24, 2009

first spray paint makover

I knew some day I would use the info I had gathered from all the creative bloggers out there on their spray paint makeovers and that day has come. I found this really inexpensive curtain rod on clearance at Ross because one of the glass finials was broken (which were ugly to begin with). This is the one that survived. I had been wanting to add drapes to our dining room for a long time and get rid of the ugly vertical blinds.

glass curtain finials


The crackled glass is really not my style and the color of the rod was all wrong. I knew though that the price was right and I also knew that it could be changed. So I found some other finials on clearance too that I did like.
 
curtain rod & finials


Came home, primed, painted, and wala, all hung up. Total cost for drapery rod and finials, under $5.00. Spray paint and primer $1.00 each. Love a bargain.

curtian rod & finials makeover


I also found some fabric a few months ago that has just been waiting to recover the dining chairs. It's a fun linen with 1"-1 1/2" polka dots. So now that busy season is almost over for Mr E. Maybe we can get back to that chair project.

red, black dot linen fabric

4 comments:

  1. So nice! Don't you just LOVE spray paint?! Can't wait to see your chairs, that fabric is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH THOSE POLKADOTS WILL BE FUN on your chairs :) Cna't wait to see them finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I need to spray paint my curtain rods too!

    ReplyDelete