Friday, December 12, 2008

circles and more


Remember the perfect circles? Well I'm not sure I made enough to call mince perfect, but they are close. This quilt is a crib size. It was my first attempt ever at doing the freehand on the sewing machine with the stipple design. I have a lot of improvement to make (so don't look too close). Now I have to square it off and bind it, still deciding on the binding fabric, I'm thinking red?


There are some things that really do require practice and I admire all those who do this well. My machine is so old that I can't lower my feed dogs so I don't think I'll be mastering this technique soon. My mother in law's machine is perfect to stipple on though... I know what I'll be asking Santa for Christmas in a few years-wish it could be this year.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I like the combinations of the circles with the stripes. Good job quilting on your sewing machine. I'm sure that wasn't easy.

    ReplyDelete