Saturday, November 22, 2008

advent calendar for Christmas

One of my families favorite traditions is the Advent calendar. Modeled after the Pottery Barn one from years past. I sewed ours together, then appliqued our name on the top and filled the pockets with treats, my children love it.

After making ours I made a few more for other families for commision.
(Feel free to click for larger sizes to see details.)







The inspired room is having a Holiday Linky. Drop by and share your Holiday ideas, decorations, and thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. those are adorable-
    we used a little wooden elf count down when my children were little-
    I may need to make one something like that for my grandchildren-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you made those. I've been wanting to make one for so long but I've had a hard time deciding what to do. Yours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very meticulous sewing. Great job and really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, pretty meticulous, But I love that kind of sewing. Thanks all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how many of these have you made? My advent calendar is pretty simple compared to these. I make my kids do an act of service before they can get their daily treat. Looks like it's time to go and dig it out of the Christmas boxes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice idea Pam, I like the act of service.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them! I think the red is my favorite. You are so good at these things I could just die! "Mr. E" is lucky to have such a creative wife to make such a warm home!

    ReplyDelete