Tuesday, October 7, 2008

it's autumn time...

it's autumn time, the leaves are falling down...



My most favorite time of year. I wish it would last all fall and winter, I would be very delighted if Autumn stayed until April.


Leaves are one of my favorite things about this time. Living In Utah when I was in college and growing up I would speed my car up and swerve, ever so slightly of course, to the side of the road to where the leaves would gather. I would then watch in my rear view mirror to see them flying up in the air. Aaahhh, what I wouldn't give now to be able to do that. Not here though, I now live in "summer all year long" land.

(I should mention this is not my pile of leaves, Sadly no, I found the image on the web,and I can't remember where...)

For this being my favorite season and all, you would think I would be all prepared with my home all decked out, not this year. Baby hands are trying to grab anything at the 3 ft level or lower so I've cut back on the decorations.


Be sure to jump on over to Kimba's Fall party.
It's fun to brows all the autumn attire of others that I don't have this year.


6 comments:

  1. Living in Florida I miss the fall leaves too! Your decorations look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Raike, my sister in law made it and we love it. the back has reflective tape sewn across it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your decorations using leaves. Simple but very elegant! I had to LOL at the massive pile-o--leaves! I'd love to jump on it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You asked about that stand mixer...it is one of the first KitchenAid stand mixers ever made. It's a hand-me-down that is a few generations old. The best part? IT WORKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fall decorating! Thanks for sharing. I was so hoping you were going to say that pile of leaves was yours. I was coming with my kids to jump in it. :-)

    Thanks for coming to my party!
    Happy halloween,
    Kimba

    ReplyDelete